Today, I’m delighted to share a guest blog post from the lovely Evelyn Lim. Evelyn Lim is dedicated to the vision of assisting conscious individuals with manifesting a life of abundance. As a heart-centered intuitive and energy therapist, she helps them remove deep-rooted patterns for life changing results. Evelyn is the author of the book “Self-Love Secrets: How to Love Yourself Unconditionally” and creator of the meditation series, Self-Love Healing Program. She is also a certified NLP Master Practitioner, Intuitive Counselor and Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. You can subscribe to her newsletter at http://www.AbundanceTapestry.com/freegifts.
The need to meet the demands of modern society has made living with some level of stress inevitable. Every day, we are faced with having to check a to-do list that has more than 10 items on it. There are datelines to meet, errands to run and hundreds of emails to read. However, should we not be mindful, we can possibly allow stress to overwhelm us.
It is true. Compared to ancient times, there is a lot more to do in order to enjoy a reasonable standard of living. However, where we start to feel that we are not able to rise to meet the challenges, stress can take a toll on our well-being.
Stress has been very much part of my life. I felt the added responsibility ever since I started having a family of my own. When I was single, life seemed a lot more carefree. Of course, I love my family dearly. I choose to believe that there has to be a better way to deal with stress and achieve a good work-life balance.
What is Stress?
Stress is the response of feeling threatened. We find that we are not able to cope well with the demands or expectations of our situation. When triggered excessively, we run on an “emergency mode”.
We experience the following symptoms whenever we are faced with stress:
– heartbeat become faster,
– tenseness in the muscles,
– rise in blood pressure,
– more frequent headaches,
Some of us live with a heightened level of stress, and not know it. It happens especially when we do not take the time to slow down to notice how stress has been affecting the quality of our lives. We do not realize that we are running around, in a state of “overload”.
In my case, for many years, I knew that I was under stress but I had no idea that the level of my stress was rather high. It was not until I consulted with a holistic practitioner that I realized the harm that it had caused me both emotionally and physically.
How to Beat Stress with Self-Love
1. Place Importance on Self-Care If you love yourself, then you will place importance on your well-being. You recognize that it is not wise to continually put your own self-care needs last in your to-do list. Instead, you take care of your health and give yourself “me-time” in order to relax.
2. Learn how to manage your frustrations Your stress level rises when you are not able to cope with your frustrations and emotions. Find ways to calm and soothe your nerves. Some essential oils for loving self-care can help!
3. Adjust your expectations Could you be unduly stressed because you have set expectations too high? Avoid being too harsh on yourself with self-love. Lower your expectations to a more reasonable-level and check to see if you are able to cope better.
4. Change your attitude If you are someone who tends to view things negatively, you may wish to change your attitude. Those who are happier and lead more stress-free lives tend to have a more optimistic outlook. They perceive things as half-glass full. They are able to accept that change is a constant in their lives. Love yourself enough to want to be happy by altering your outlook!
5. Allocate time for self-love meditation Embrace yourself with loving energy during meditation. Give yourself a nice boost. With the uplift, you are likely to feel a sense of renewal and rejuvenation.
How Self-Love Beats Stress
Having self-love awareness is key. You can beat stress with self-love. You love yourself enough to know that you no longer wish to procrastinate on the important things that you need to do for yourself.
Self-love centers you. You are in better charge because you can cope with the demands on life a lot more. You also know that ultimately what matters most of all, is not how much success you have achieved in life’s race. What counts is how much you have loved. And you start this with love for yourself.
1 lucky reader today can win some audios from Evelyn’s Self-love Healing Program. Simply tell us in the comments box below your favourite technique for overcoming stress by 25th April 2013. Good luck!